Department of Biochemistry is one of the largest departments in Bhaarath Medical College and Hospital spanning over an area of around 1500 sq.ft and the department occupies one wing of ground floor and one wing of first floor in college block and 1500 sq ft. in central lab, BMCH.
The Department is with the goal of offering undergraduate study in Biochemistry. Since its inception it is engaged in Diagnostic, teaching and research.
- Students practical lab with accommodations 94 students per session. We have well equipped Research lab.
- Central Diagnostic Lab., which offers 24/7 diagnostic services in various sections such as serology, immunoassay and body fluids analysis. Conventional methods to newer technology testing are done in various sections.
- The Dept. has a good library with good number of books and journals for both UG and PG level students
- The Demonstration cum seminar room has audio-visual aids for presentation Sessions.
- Our undergraduate students receive training in theory and practical biochemistry. They also have the opportunity to indulge in research activities and to carry out small funded Projects. They are also encouraged to present papers in state and national conference. We also teach the students the applied aspects of biochemistry which will help them to enhance their knowledge of applied biochemistry.
- The under graduates learn medical biochemistry for period of 13 months. The curriculum includes chemistry, metabolism, enzymology, molecular biology, quantitative and qualitative estimation of various biochemical parameters and Applied Biochemistry. The undergraduate students have hands on practices in various techniques Followed in diagnostics work.
- They write internal assessment tests and model practicals before appearing for university examinations. Prize examination is conducted for every batch for motivating their interest in biochemistry. Seminars are conducted for the students for increasing the knowledge and communication skills.